7.04.2009

What a long strange trip it's been...

I got the job! I am so excited and proud to tell you that I am now a member of the president's office at the University of Hartford. I am the new administrative assistant and coordinator of public programs. Whoo Hoo!
The trip has been long and hard and worth it. I can't thank you all enough for EVERYTHING! You have been there for me through the thick and thin and for that I owe you.
My hubby has been my biggest cheerleader by far. Babe, I really am so grateful that I have you, constantly cheering me on, encouraging me to take my time and be confident. Even when I cried thinking that this would never end you were there to pick up the pieces and remind me that however long it took we would be in it together and stronger for it. Thank you and I love you.
Mom, Subey (my sister) and family... have been so great to me, treating every lunch and keeping my spirits up with pedicures and daily phone calls, pep talks when I felt like I had really reached the end of my rope. I am the luckiest of all to have you as my foundation and my support system.
Friends (whom I am so lucky to have and couldn't possibly name you all here because there are so many of you) that have made numerous calls, emails and letters on my behalf for jobs and connections and opportunities, and to just check on me; I am continually amazed at the lengths that people will go. I am truly blessed to have such wonderful people on my team, thank you all for your support and campaigns on my behalf.
I start Wednesday (yup, day after tomorrow). I've been home for so long that I felt that starting mid-week might be the best way to ease into it.

Ciao
S

3 comments:

Christen said...

I cried with joy when I saw your facebook post about the job. Congratulations. You totally deserve this long-awaited reward. What a journey, a long and tiring journey, but you did it!! I am so proud of you and so happy for you. Enjoy University life, just don't eat the food on campus... unless it's free. Love and hugs!!!

Anonymous said...

I am so so so excited for you!!! They are so lucky to have you!

Katie said...

YAY! Congrats to you! That's a major accomplishment in this economy. You should celebrate. With a bottle of wine. I mean a glass. Oops.