7.02.2009

GRRRRRReat Week



This has been (so far) a great week. Starting last Saturday when we got together with some of my favorite peeps to celebrate a birthday. We celebrated with TONS of food... there were turkey blt wraps, ham and cheese puffs, bread and sauce for appetizers. Pulled pork and smoked beef ribs and sausage, orzo pasta salad, tomato and cucumber salad and for dessert chocolate cake. Needless to say I was stuffed. Sunday I had the distinct pleasure of having out of state peeps over for lunch. Judy, Jeff and beautiful baby Olivia came over for some long awaited hang time. I haven't seen them since before the holidays. Olivia (above) has gotten so big and it was so nice to spend some time with her parents too! I am gonna have to plan a trip to Maine for later in the Summer. After they left I headed to my sisters house to babysit while she went to the EMHE wrap up party. I had a great time with the kids and a not so great nights sleep in my niece's bed. Man that thing is tough. But it is always fun to wake up with the kids and make a big breakfast and just hang out. The picture below is Julianna and Robbie washing the dishes (they did it without anyone asking). I came home later Monday afternoon just not feeling great. I could tell that I had a cold coming on and spent most of Tuesday and Wednesday resting and sneezing and coughing. Today I am feeling great and ready for the weekend.
Some news: Bad news: I had a trip planned to Italy (with my nephew and friend) and it is now canceled. These things happen. I was so honored that my family was going to treat me to this trip and I was going to get to spend some time with my nephew traveling around Italy, but sadly the plans fell through and it is not happening.
The good news: I hate to jinx it but I had a great 2nd interview today and I am a final candidate for a GREAT job... keep your fingers crossed.
Ciao
S

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear the trip fell through. You'll have to plan some sort of fun day with your nephew so you can still have some quality time together. Can't wait to see you this week!