9.29.2013

ME time

Things are really crazy at work right now and things in my life are pretty crazy. I started an online class, we are christening Calli, I am in a wedding, my friends are having babies... not to mention I have a house and a marriage to tend to.
This weekend I had two bridal showers, one on each day. I have neglected my home, my homework and my husband. Thankfully there is football to entice my hubby so he barely noticed I was gone. Just kidding; he helped out by grocery shopping and doing laundry and trying not to let his crap pile up too.
Pretty baby.
I mention all of this because on top of not getting to do everything else, I've also forgotten to pay attention to me. And now that I really think about it I don't remember the last time I paid attention to me and I don't even really know how to do that anymore. Don't get me wrong... I TOTALLY (totes magoates) LOVE MY LIFE; I have a great job with a great boss and amazing colleagues, have a hubby that love love loves me, a daughter that melts my heart with her every inch right down to her stinky toes, a family that wants to go to the ends of the earth for me, and friends that are the bees knees. I just don't know how to be me anymore. I know that it is probably normal and that this is stage of life and blah blah blah... I just don't know the new me very well yet and I don't know how to go about getting to know her/me. What I do know, is that I can't start if there isn't any time to so that means that I need to start saying no again... and that isn't bad news. Doesn't mean I love my peeps any less just that I need to love on me for a bit right now. The hardest part of that is the baby part. Does she factor into this or not? I think popular opinion would be that I need to do this alone and spend some time with me and all that, but honestly folks I REALLY love spending time with baby girl too. This is the conundrum. Oh well, this is not getting answered at 9:48pm on a Sunday night when I REALLY should have been doing homework.

Ciao
xo
S




No comments: