1.01.2015

Calli-isms

  • Mon Mom- means C'mon mom. I realized that I say "c'mon" all the time and only really noticed when Calli started saying it too.
  • Ca Ca- are crackers
  • Uh-oh- Calli will say uh-oh when she wants you to come and see what she has done; good or bad. The quicker she repetitively says it, the quicker you better get to where she is.
  • It's a mess- Calli loves to make a mess and then tell you that it is a mess.
  • Hi Mommy- recently Calli has started waking up in the middle of the night. When I go into her room to see if she is ok, she says "Hi Mommy" as if she hadn't just been screaming bloody murder a few moments earlier.
  • I fine- Every time Calli falls or has a coughing fit or for some reason shown some distress, I will ask her if she is ok. "I fine" is the answer I always get.
  • I got you!- I'm not really sure where she picked this one up but whenever you scoop her up or there is a lull in the excitement she will come up to you, envelop you in  hug and say "I got you!"
  • "Wook, Mommy wook!"-is of course look. But it sounds adorable when she says it.
  • Lately she has been shushing me because the baby is sleeping. I'm not sure if it is one of her baby dolls, because she hasn't played with them in that way with me before. But apparently there is a baby sleeping nearby that doesn't appreciate my loud voice.
  • We have also started to introduce drawing around here and all of the pencils, pens, colored pencils, and markers are all pens. Yes I made the huge blunder in giving her pens to draw with. My ottoman, coffee table and glider are all victims. Also countless shirts, socks and I have found pen marks on hands, feet, her neck and once in her ear.
  • Mom, Mommy, Mama, Mo-om and Ma- are all names that she uses to get my attention. They all have their own inflection and tone, especially dependent on  what she wants at that moment.
We are having such a great time. She loves to repeat and ask what everything is and also lately she loves to ask why. Luckily I haven't gotten sick of it yet.

Happy New Year!
xo

No comments: