12.05.2009

Since Thanksgiving...


Thanksgiving was fun. Hubby and I got up early to watch the parade and eat pumpkin waffles. I started cooking and the day unfolded from there. We had a small turkey breast and a big pork roast. Yum... and salad, roasted veggies, potatoes and of course stuffing. The best part is that hubby and I both got to do the carving.






My sister OUTDID herself with a complete dessert table. We are still eating dessert from Thanksgiving.


Everyone had a great time.

The rest of the weekend was super fun. We had a visit from my favorite family from Portland and talked about our upcoming vacation plans together.


Hubby and I went for a long walk in the neighborhood to the great new cafe that opened nearby(and on our way found where the sidewalk ends).

I had breakfast with my adventure book club peeps and we got to see our goods from our glass blowing expedition.

And we went to the first official holiday gathering.


Lastly I want to tell you about leftovers... and not just any leftovers but the pork roast. I really did not want that beast hanging around in the fridge and I knew that we would not eat it all in the leftover state that it was so we made pulled pork out of it. We took all the leftovers and threw it into the crock pot with pretty much anything else we could find in the fridge... bbq sauce, mustard, apple cider and other tasty things, let it cook for 4-5 hours and all I can say is D.E.L.I.S.H.

I don't have an after picture because we ate it all up so fast!

Ciao
S

No comments: