8.19.2014

H E L P

I look to you friends for some advice. Sleep has become a little bit of an issue around here. Some days there is plenty but on some days it is only happening during the day.
For the longest time Calli was napping two times for about an hour each and going to sleep at 8:30 with a 5:30 wake up. Now she is napping sporadically, sometimes in the morning and afternoon, sometimes not all and everything in between. Our bedtime routine has become crazy... she used to nurse to sleep and go right down until the morning, and most of the time I was putting her in bed awake.
For the past couple of weeks she cries her head off for an hour or so til I nurse her again or take her out and either let her sleep with me or we have to keep taking her out and rubbing her back and singing until she falls asleep. On top of all that she wakes up every night between 3-4:30. I have a hard time letting her cry it out at that time because I have to work in the morning so I usually put her in bed with me where she either falls right back asleep or she bugs me until I take her downstairs and put on the Disney channel. That was this morning... I barely had 4 hours of sleep altogether.
UGH. I don't know what to do. She starts daycare back next week and hubby goes back to work and we will all be in a crazy schedule for the fall... I'm at a loss.
Tonight she was rubbing her eyes by 6:30 so she went to bed without the histrionics... we will see how long it lasts...
Advice.... please!

s

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

these times are so hard! hang in there and try to make it back to her usual schedule. Daycare could help, she may not need two naps, maybe she's trying to transition to one and is all out of whack? Hang in there mama. When you are in the trenches it feels like forever. She'll figure it out again! Try to keep her awake until her normal bedtime and try the nap, at consistent times, every day. maybe beef up her bedtime routine so it's the same every night for a few nights? i'm so sorry. this is so hard when they don't sleep normal!