8.16.2013

Random musings of a first time mom

  • I smell poop all the time and can not figure out where it is.
  • I make sure that baby girl is dressed super cute, is clean, well fed and rested and I am a hot mess most of the time. My hair is never done and my outfit is ill fitting, probably dirty and way too casual for the situation. Not to mention I completely forget to eat meals. 
  • Parking lots should all have parking for moms. I had to practically tip baby girl out of the seat to get it into the car when someone parked too close to me.
  • The same goes for tiny bathrooms. What is up with that? I went to a restaurant recently that did not have a changing table in the bathroom and where the stall was barely big enough for me to fit in with the car seat. I had to change her diaper on the couch in the waiting area. Nightmare.
  • The next time you see a little baby, please fight the urge to touch them. PLEASE. I don't want to spend the rest of the day wondering where your grubby hands have been while baby girl sucks happily on her hand. 
  •  Breastfeeding in public is hard enough for baby girl and me without you staring at me. Mind your own dang business please, thank you.
  •  Please don't ask baby girl or me for that matter what is wrong when she is fussy. She is 16 or so weeks old and doesn't have the capability to tell us so I have to guess and your guess is as good as mine. I probably have a pretty good guess but sometimes the answer is that she is just fussy.
  • There is too much to think about and plan. I'm overwhelmed and scared most of the time.  And yet, I love being Calli's mom. I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.
  • Why oh why did I buy the car seat that is only good til 22 lbs. I bet she hits that before the year is out. Already researching car seats for the next stage.
  • I feel like this list is quickly becoming a rant and vent list. Not my intention. We'll see where it takes us next...
  • Baby girl is on the verge of laughing and we are so anxious to hear it. Her smiles are so great and her pre-laugh is amazing... can't wait. 
  • She is also on the verge of rolling over. I can't encourage her enough.
Enough for now. Soon I'll be posting about our mini-vacation.
Have a good weekend.
Ciao
S

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh I love this post. Except I feel like I stink like milk, not the cow kind, ALL the time and can't figure out where. It makes me sick. Your back will thank you for changing her from the carseat soon, even if she's only 22 lbs, she'll be so darn heavy with the weight of the carrier you will just start taking her out soon but I hear you. Nolan grew out of his lengthwise first (30 inches at about 6 months- and 23 lbs- ha) You're doing a great job! Great list too! Love that little one and her mom!