1.14.2013

Adriana Trigiani

Last week I had the distinct pleasure of hearing one of my favorite authors speak at the Mark Twain House. Let me back up to the having missed the opportunity last year at the WHPL and being so bummed about it. So when I heard that she was coming back and to one of my favorite places in Hartford, I wasted no time in making plans to be there. On of my very best peeps works at the Twain House so he set it up that I got to go to the reception beforehand to get some one on one time with her and that I did.
Within minutes of arriving I was being introduced to one of my favorite authors in the whole entire world. So cool. She is down to earth and hilarious. She had the whole room in the palm of her hand within minutes. She was walking up to people and talking to them as if she had known them for years. My mom was my date and they hit it off within minutes. We Italian sisters always bond! Sadly my real sister (who may be just as big a fan as I am) couldn't make it.
The talk was moderated by Giulia Melucci another fabulous Italian writer. She wrote "I Loved,  I Lost, I Made Spaghetti" which was adapted to a play this past spring by the one and only Jacques Lamarre.
The whole evening was amazing. Good questions, hilarious answers, amazing stories... beyond my every expectation. I have told and retold the stories already a million times. I am ready to reread "The Shoemakers Wife" so that I can see the story more clearly through Adriana's eyes (yes we are on a first name basis!!). Really truly an amazing experience. If you haven't read this book, I can't recommend it more!!

No comments: