1.03.2012

New Year, New Blog!

Not entirely a new blog, but I am thinking of shaking it up a bit.
If anyone has any ideas out there, they are welcome to offer em up! I'm not sure quite yet what the shakin' is gonna entail but we need a sprucing up.

For old times sake a list about my winter break.
  • My hubby and I were given a really truly great gift; the gift of skipping Christmas and all the trimmings, and we took it. We got to go to Florida for a week and stay in a great house and have a really fun car to drive. Pictures later.
  • In our first hour off the plane we were pulled over for speeding and threatened to have a knee cap shot off. Not kidding!
  • We spent the week reading, watching movies and not doing anything remotely Christmas related.
  • We saw the new Sherlock Holmes movie and loved it. We rented a ton of other movies, most of which I can't remember.
  • We ate waffles at Waffle House (pecan waffles are the BEST), we drove our car on the beach and we snuggled under the blankets because the temps dipped to the 40's at night.
  • It wasn't the best weather but we had a great time eating our way through town. 
  • We went to the Steelers bar and I had a "salad." I guess it's my own fault for ordering a salad at a bar, but it was a layer of ice berg, a layer of cheese and a fried chicken patty on top. Oh and there were two tomato wedges, a pepperoncino and one cucumber disc.
  • Florida people (and I should have known this considering one of my fave peeps is from Florida) are super duper nice. They are happy (most of the time- we happened upon a fender bender and they were on the street screaming obscenities at one another) and nice and all Merry Christmas all the time.
  • We visited a fun old town called St. Augustine and did the touristy trolley thing, and loved every minute of it.
We came back just in time to celebrate New Year's Eve with more of my fave peeps.

Happy New Year Y'all!

xo

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Glad you had a great time! Can't wait to hear more about it. Miss you!