12.09.2010

Day off

I have a day off today and you are the first people that I thought of... don't want to neglect you any longer. I have taken today off to get some Christmas shopping done... ugh. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the holidays; the songs, the treats, the happy jolly. The thing I hate; shopping for other people. I am the one that laments over every gift, if they will love it, hate it, be indifferent to it. I spend a LOT of time trying to make sure that you get what you want and that you LOVE it.
For example a couple of years ago I bought hubby a robe with a hood. He had one when we first moved in together that ended up in the trash. (That's another story for another day.) The specialness of this request is that it was something that he had been wanting for a long time. He didn't ask for it right around the holidays, in fact he had probably not mentioned it for some time.
Now this may seem like a "Whatever S, you can find those everywhere and it's a robe for gosh sakes!" I say YOU ARE SO WRONG. You have obviously never shopped for this kind of robe for a man. I went to every fricking store that had robes, I inquired to all my friends and family... in the end I turned to the internet, spent a small fortune and bought the almost exact replica of the one lost so long ago. What I didn't expect was the absolute happiness and joy that he had when he opened it. I strive for that with every gift I give. I know that is unrealistic and that some people really just don't care. But, I do. So I am off today, with list in hand hoping to find that perfect something for everyone on my list.

So what's on your list this year?

Ciao
S

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, I wish I knew. I got dave one last year! LL Bean. He looks like LL Cool J (I'm Gonna Knock You Out) but it's awesome.