3.05.2010

My new BFF

Last night was the much anticipated lecture by Kelly Corrigan at the University. It was my first big lecture in Lincoln Theater and with an author. To have it be Kelly Corrigan was the icing on the cake. I have been a fan since the first time I saw Transcending on Youtube. I don't know when it was, but I remember it. Once you see it you won't forget it, but you will watch it more than once. It was so touching and moving. When I got here and learned that I would be involved in this lecture I was ecstatic. To top it off I introduced the book to book club and invited them to the lecture as well. My mom was there with her best friends and my best friend made it too! Everyone had a great time.

She was an inspiring speaker, she made us laugh and cry. I was lucky enough to spend some alone time with her and she is one of us! She is down to earth and easy going. One of those people that you instantly want to be friends with. She invited me to friend her on facebook… it's official we are BFF.
Ciao
S
PS. Thanks to all that joined me! Hope you had as great a time as I did.

No comments: