11.14.2012

Anxiety

I am an anxious person in my regular non-pregnant life. In my pregnant life I am uber anxious. I can't help it. I went into the Dr. today and heard the heartbeat (again) and found out, again, that everything is OK. I am trying really hard to ease the anxiety and enjoy myself but it ain't easy blogoshpere. I am constantly convinced that something is wrong and that I am on the verge of loss, again. Hubby tries to help but I know that he gets nervous and anxious too and that isn't good for either of us.
I also know that there is nothing I can do either way. It is what it is! Today the Dr. talked to me a lot about finding something I can do to try to ease this anxiety and fear. I will try just about anything. Any advice out there?
I know that I need to slow down. I won't take a class next semester and I will try to say no more often to invitations and whatnot. But honestly I am not convinced that sitting at home will make this better. I am a busy person by nature and like to go out and visit and be around friends and family.
The dr. wants me to try yoga. I've tried it before and didn't love it. I think if anything I became more anxious because I wasn't sure I was doing it right. Meditation was also another one of her recommendations. Again, just the thought of trying to quiet my mind makes me cuh-razy!!!
I do know that working out and walking have always helped me with anxiety. I just have to make it a priority and not skimp on that time.
Would love to hear if you have any other advice.
Ciao
xo
S

No comments: