2.04.2009

Snow, sniffles and stupendousness

Snow
Yesterday the snow was not supposed to be an event in any sense of the word, but boy oh boy was it. My mom has been in Italy for the past month or so and yesterday she arrived back in the states. Being the only one with the most flexible of schedules I went to Kennedy airport in Queens to pick her up; I left home at about 12:30. Her flight was delayed 1+ hours, she was supposed to land at 1:40 and didn't land until 2:57. Right in the middle of that storm. We didn't leave the airport until 4pm and didn't get home until 8pm. My hands were sore from gripping the steering wheel. I have never driven to and from Kennedy by myself and I probably wouldn't have chosen those conditions for my first time. But safe and sound, we are all home.
Sniffles
I think that I may have picked up my hubby's cold from last week. I am sneezing like crazy and the back of my throat is a little sore and itchy. It could just be from stress and tired from yesterday (I hope so). We'll see.
Stupendousness
Congrats to Nina on a beautiful and gorgeous little Lulu. Can't wait to meet her!

Ciao Peeps
S

No comments: