10.27.2013

11 years and 6 months

Respectively. 11 years ago (on the 25th) my hubby and I said 'I do.' 6 months ago (on the 18th) Calli was born. October is a super busy month. I LOVE IT! The trees are colorful, the air is brisk.
On our wedding day the sky was bright blue with big white puffy clouds and the air was cool and crisp. My favorite. It was a gorgeous day and we had such a great time. We wanted to go out to eat to celebrate the other night but hubby wasn't feeling well so we postponed a week. So looking forward to a night out. We will leave Calli with her aunt and cousins and they are really looking forward to baby-sitting. 11 years have gone by in a blink. Makes me worry that the next 11 will fly too.
Hubby- thank you for our beautiful daughter. I remember the day that we decided that we wanted to try again to expand our family and I know that it wasn't an easy decision for us (a lot of people in that gallery know that it wasn't an easy decision for us! wink wink). I can't for a millisecond imagine our lives without Calli. I know that she is heaven sent expressly to us. I love our family and I love you. Watching you be a father is the most amazing thing... I thought I knew you, and Calli brings out a whole new side to you and it is amazing. You are a great father and husband.
I brought Calli for her 6 month appointment the other day and all is well. She weighs 18 lbs 3 oz and is 26 and something inches long. I can't remember... but both are 75-90 percentiles for her age. She is doing so great. She is really so much fun right now. Big smiles and giggles now and then. Most of the time she is very contemplative and will only give you a smile if it is really deserving. She love love loves the jumper and her activity center thingy. She also loves to jump in your lap while you hold her. She notices everything and everyone and is distracted very easily. She likes to sing (the only way I can describe her constant noise) and practices using her voice. She loves to chew on her hands, toys, clothes and toes. She has two teeth coming in on the bottom. She seems like she is getting ready to crawl... she gets on her hands a knees and then get on her tippy toes... like a modified downward dog. So funny. She is still a pretty chill gal and doesn't give us too much trouble. I think she is saving it for her tween and teen years!
There is so much going on these days but not really much else to report.
Ciao for now!
xo
S

No comments: