1.31.2010

Best week Ever!!!

This week goes down in history as one of the best weeks ever.
Saturday 1/23: Adventure book club. We had a wonderful lunch at It's Only Natural, and then headed to Wesleyan to see a documentary exhibit. Not loved by all but stimulated a great conversation for the ride home. Went shopping at SYMS (one of my fav stores) and then home to hang with the hubby. We were supposed to head to a friends to hang but hubby wasn't feeling well. So instead stayed home and made a DE LISH panetonne bread pudding. YUM!

Sunday: Woke up fairly early to clean the bathroom and get some stuff done around the house. Went to the movies with my girl H to see It's Complicated... We both really loved it and welcomed the belly laughing that ensued. We both had errands to run at Target, so we got to gossip and vent and hang just a little longer. I finished the afternoon with a coffee and sweet at my fav bakery... Vida Doce. I seriously cannot get enough of this place. LOVE IT!
Monday: Came home to a quiet home and prepared for 1st MBA class. Went to sleep early.
Tuesday:Started the afternoon with some yummy falafel from Tangiers and ate it in the car listening to Fresh Air. Ahhh... In the evening, 1st MBA class... what can I say... I'm a nerd at heart. Let my inner geekness shine!
Wednesday: BOOK CLUB. Great group of girls, great wine, designated driver... what more can I ask for.
Thursday: Got together with two lovely ladies. One that I have not connected with in a long time and then my lovely lady H. We met at Sukothai for dinner and closed the place down. Thursday was a crazy weather day and the evening proved to be just as CRAZEE. When we got there it was quietly snowing and was quite lovely. We were seated in the window seat and were able to get a front row seat to thunder snow. All of a sudden there was a flash of lightning and clap of thunder that barely made us jump from our seats. One minute later the ground was covered in hail. Lightning and thinder snow is nutso I tell ya!
Friday: Home to hang with my man. It was a cold one so we cuddled up and watched Project runway!

Saturday: Another busy weekend. Gym in the morning. Then off to a baby shower for a lovely book club lady. Luck baby! After the festivities I hung out at the bar with some other lovely book club ladies and had a decadent afternoon with them. Headed home a little later than I thought but wrangled up the hubby and headed out to dinner and drinking with some friends. We headed to the Cambridge Brew House in Torrington. Pretty long to drive for pub food that wasn't off the charts. The beer was good and the company was AWESOME. We always have fun!
We headed back to our friends basement bar for Cafe Patron shots and then the party started.
Sunday: TODAY! I finally stop and realize how freaking tired I am. Hubby and I went out to run errands and came home to make a vat of our famous chili! We work great together in the kitchen (among other places!) and make a mean chili. Heat warning!!!
Hope you all had a great week and are gearing up for another!
Ciao
S

No comments: