2.18.2012

35

Yesterday I turned 35. What a bitch. Especially when you try to complain to people and they are all "Damn, I wish I was as young as you!"

I am hovering between being annoyed, frustrated and hating it, and wearing it proudly like a badge of honor.

I present you the  love/ hate list.
Love
There is NO reason to hate and if you know me you know that I am a lover not a hater. Being your age should be celebrated revered and worn like a smile. I have nothing to be ashamed of and I am a proud wife, friend, daughter, and sister. Too bad our society makes us think otherwise.

HATE
So easy to be annoyed at the years flying by. I am really good at the should haves and why didn't I...
This past year was a doozy and becoming a year older only makes me remember what this year could have been and was supposed to be. I struggled with adding mother to this list above. I know that I am and proud of it, yet...

Otherwise, this week has been awesome. Hubby took me out for a fantabulous dinner last night. I was SHOWERED with facebook love, which is such a super humbling experience. Cards galore. Some fiends are coming over tonight for dessert, going to my sister's house tomorrow to celebrate my birthday and my mom's (her actual day is Monday). The ladies at work took me out to lunch where they gave me a taste of some super delicious tequila. There was lots of good news, over and over and over. So how can I stay mad?
I can't.

ciao
xo
s

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Hope you have a great day off! Happy Birthday!