7.12.2011

Happiness

Last night I walked into our bedroom and my husband was grinning... at nothing in particular and I asked him, "What's up with you?"
He answered,"I'm happy." So then I was grinning too.

This past weekend was my first baby shower and it was the epitome of happy for me. My mother and sister and her family literally showered me with so much love I was overcome with emotion the whole day. My sister's husband and kids spent the whole weekend preparing the house for the celebration. When I came down right before the guests arrived there were flowers, balloons and rubber duckies everywhere. They did so much work and it mean so much to me. I am overcome with emotion just writing this (but I guess that doesn't mean much considering I am 32 weeks preggo and spend a lot of time crying). I feel really lucky and happy and truly blessed.
I got to visit with friends and family that I haven't seen in a long time and we were celebrating the soon to be arrival of my daughter. We recalled stories of us growing up, everyone gave their advice on baby gear and 'get some sleep now'. Best of all was the collective oohs and aahs over the cute outfits. The best part was getting home and not really sure what I was gonna do with the million and one presents that were full to the brim in my car until my hubby pulled into the driveway two minutes behind me from being away for essentially two weeks. That was happiness.
The coming weeks are filled with visits and showers and friends and family and I am so happy. I'm so excited for this little lady and the family of love that she gets to enter into. She is already so loved.

hope you're having some happy too.
ciao
S

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Isn't it great to be happy! I wanted to thank you for linking into my blog!
Sarah (www.newdaynewdeals.com)