11.28.2010

Some things I've been meaning to tell you about...

There have been a few outings here and there that I've been meaning to blog about so here goes...
  • Hartford Baking Company. A new bakery opened up in nearby West Hartford and it is not in the center. It is on park ave which is awesome; not only because that means it is closer to me but also because it means that um... well... it is closer to me. I read about it and instantly was making plans to get there. Hubby and I stopped by on our way back from a walk at the res. And yes as soon as you walk in you are greeted by the delicious aroma of bread and coffee and sweets. YUM. We wanted to try the sticky buns but they had run out by the time we got there. Darn... But alas everything else we tried was DELISH. The coffee was yummy and the orange cranberry scone I tried was perfect. I will return.
  • Sakura Garden opened in Bishops Corner near my office. I was treated to lunch and was not entirely disappointed. The person that I was with does not like sushi that has raw fish in it so we only tried the shrimp tempura sushi and the California roll so I can't tell you for sure how the sushi was. The buffet was exactly what you want and expect from a buffet. It was nice that you could try everything that you might not want to order from a traditional menu... it's always what I love about a buffet.
  • Ginza opened in Wethersfield. YAY! I can't tell you how excited I am about this. There was a restaurant in the same place that offered sushi and we went there once but it wasn't the same. Ginza has a great menu and really delicious sushi and it is pretty close to home. Yay...
  • Charming Charlie a new accessories store that opened in Blue back square is my new favorite place... I mentioned it in my last post but it deserves a second mention. This place is amazing... kind of like a Piercing pagoda meets Claire's for adults. When you walk in the store is arranged by color. And the store goes on forever. It is great. They have all kinds of accessories, some shoes, purses, scarfs, tops... you name it. Love it!
  • Tried a new alcoholic offering. If you have headed into a package store lately you might have noticed a few offering out there... alcoholic whipped cream. We had a small get together a few weeks ago and it was the star guest. Caramel flavored alcoholic whip cream. It's called CREAM... pretty creative, no? Anyway... we weren't huge fans. This product is not supposed to be refrigerated ... ever. The flavor was okay, but there was a HUGE alcoholic aftertaste. Kinda like binaca... it stings. So... don't run out and try this... really. At $11.99 a can it is not that great. They do have a lot of flavors but I can only imagine that the medicine taste doesn't go away just because of the raspberry flavor.
That's all I can remember right now. As my mom always says... if I remember something else I'll call you right back...
Ciao
S

No comments: