11.14.2009

It's starting to feel like...

November! We have the heat on most of the time. I am wearing slippers and thick socks instead of my flip flops. There are leaves all the over the yard instead of grass clippings and flowers. The days are shorter and most conversations start with "So what are you doing for Thanksgiving?"
Today was rainy and dreary and cool... the perfect November Saturday.
1 week and some til Thanksgiving and 1 month and some til Christmas.
So what are you doing for Thanksgiving? I am hosting and we are not eating turkey. I refuse. I don't wanna make it and I don't love to eat it. I eat it almost every day during the year in my lunch. Plus it is such a beast to make. This year we are having thanksgiving pork roast... and a small turkey breast for the kids. You might have heard me say that Thanksgiving is more about lasagna in our family. The one year my Mom tried to skip it and make tagliatelle or manicotti was a disaster. I said, "Thanksgiving without lasagna is like Thanksgiving without turkey!" So it's kinda funny that now that it is my choice...we are gonna have Thanksgiving without turkey, well not a big turkey anyway.
Any traditions you can't live without?

ciao
s

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can skip them all. Thanksgiving is a meal is suffer through. Not into turkey, can pass on the mashed potatoes. Stuffing is ok. And I don't like warm apple pie. Cold is edible. I am hosting this year, we'll begin with the traditional boring food. In the coming years though, we'll be tweaking that menu. Good call on the roasted pork!

jenngator222 said...

This year we're heading to New Hampshire for Thanksgiving, after hosting the last 5 years or so. My Thanksgiving tradition is to get the turkey in the oven and then run/jog/walk the Manchester Road Race.