7.07.2007

Work... meme

I've had a really busy week and it doesn't seem as though things will slow down at all. Next Saturday is EXTRAVAGANZA in Newington and we are having our (now) annual Extravaganza BBQ. So if you are around and want to hang come on by. We are starting at about 5pm... the fireworks are at 9:30pm.

So to kickoff yet another hectic week... check out the work meme that I found.


1. Have you ever been "let go" from a job, if so why?
Twice. First one really didn't count because it was an under the table bartender job at a college bar. But for the record... I was a kick ass bartender, everyone had a good time when I was behind the bar. Actually the second time doesn't really count either: The company I was working for was closing the office and moving it the the mid-west, some where I was totally not interested. So they closed up, I lost my job and got a kick ass severance package.
2. If you were forced to work at a store in a mall, which one would you choose and why?
Hmm.. that is hard. I'd have to say either pottery barn or crate and barrel for the discount or starbucks for the honor of being called a barrista... everyone loves a starbucks espresso slinger.
3. Has a boss ever spoken to you about your "attitude" or commented on your body language?
Nope... well maybe once. My first job out of college stank (thank god it was the one that gave me the bomb ass severance) and I hated it and you could tell. I was on probation for calling out sick too often. They did not like my excuses and "attitude"... I was awesome on the phone though.
4. Housework or hours of Algebra Homework: which would you choose?
Housework... hands down.
5. Scary poopy diaper or argument with snotty supervisor, which would you choose?
Hmmm... another very interesting juxtaposition. I am never one to start a fight for no reason and poopy diapers are just a part of life... so um.... I pick poopers... I know gross but at least the kid appreciates that you are cleaning them up and they smile and it doesn't last that long.
6. If you could go back to being 18, would you choose the same career path?
Um yup... just get to it a bit sooner and prepare myself for it better.
7. You are teaching, and you notice all of the kids in your classroom are constant nose pickers--you can't concentrate on teaching--what do you do?
EWWW... would not be able to concentrate and would tell them as much. Someone has got to save them from a lifetime of dry picked, snooty noses.
8. Yard work: What is your position on it?
Great... hubby takes care of most of it and I will help if he needs and or asks me nicely to do it. I like a nice clean yard but will not go out of my way to make it so. I'm all about flowers and pretty pretty... but there is a line and I DON'T cross it. I love other peeps yards though.

Hope you liked my work meme...

This is me relaxing on the phone on my bed taking pics of my feet... I am huge fan of feet pics by the way... love em nina.

Ciao
S

No comments: