- I am making a HUGE effort to get up earlier. I hate running late in the morning and as it is I haven't been bringing Calli to daycare as early and I can be. So far I have accomplished it for the past two mornings and it has been great. It also means that I have to get my act together at night and that has been working too. I really hope it lasts.
- At this moment I do not read to Calli on a regular basis. Once we sit down and start to read she inevitably takes the book from me and starts to chew it or close it and throw it. And if I hold steady and don't give her the book she starts to fuss and complain. I want this to change. I would really like us to start a bedtime story.
- I need to get my act together more on the weekend and be more planful about what we are eating as a family. We don't do take out and I don't necessarily cook every night... so I'm not really sure how we get fed every day. Hubby (when he comes home early) is usually hungry before I get home so he either has a snack or ends up eating dinner by the time I am walking in the door. If that has happened I don't usually feel the necessity to make a full dinner and will usually eat whatever I can get my hands on... chips and salsa, a sandwich, eggs... But now that Calli is starting to eat the same things that we eat I really want to get to a place where we are eating a family meal... together. It worked on Sunday...
- I am anxious for the nice weather because I REALLY want to start walking again. I think Calli would love it and I NEED it; mentally more than anything else.
- I really would like to start to live more in the moment. I have the tendency to spend a lot of time worrying about what is to come or what just happened and never get to really soak in the moment. Thinking of the past nine months and how quickly it has flown by makes me realize that it is SO IMPORTANT to do this. This weekend I spent a lot of time just watching Calli play and it made me so happy. She is so inquisitive and playful and daring. She gets herself into a jam and gets right out of it. She is amazing.
- Lastly I need to find 10 minutes a day to stretch. A friend of mine asked me what I wanted to change for this new year and this is what I said... and now I really want to do it. My back, shoulders, legs and arms are so tight all of the time. I noticed this morning every time I pick up the car seat I feel a twinge in my back. NOT GOOD! Never before did I realize how hard it is to find 10 minutes a day to do something so easy. I still haven't done this but I *resolve* to try.