9.18.2011

Final Frontier

I finally went back to the gym yesterday. For those who didn't know I teach water aerobics at a local gym and hadn't been back in 2 months. The doctor had recommended that I don't go swimming for the 6 weeks that I was on leave, so that was my excuse for most of that time. The other two weeks I guess I just wasn't ready to see my water peeps. They are such an amazing group of women. They comforted me the whole time I was laid off, always offering me words of encouragement and in a few cases some leads and recommendations. When they found out I was pregnant they were over the moon and enjoyed hearing the weekly updates and seeing my body transform. They sent cards of condolence when they heard the news (one of the women is the mother of a good friend of mine) and sent word that I was missed. So yesterday I woke up with the express purpose of getting to the gym to see my class. There were only a few people there and it was really nice to be back in the water. If you know me you know that I love love love to swim; I missed it. So now I'm back and hope to get back to teaching in the coming weeks.
The weekend has been really beautiful and I've been getting out as much as possible. Went for a walk with hubby yesterday, met a friend for some shopping and today will clean the house and cook for the coming week.
Hope you had a great weekend too.
xo
Ciao
S

1 comment:

Jenn said...

This makes me smile. :)