12.16.2007

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas



We got walloped with a doozy of a storm on Thursday. It was one of those days where you wake up and everything is really calm and it was quite cold. Went to work while hubby stayed home (SNOW DAY... such an annoying concept for me!) got there and watched the snow begin at about 10:30am. I came home at about 4:30 and was so glad to not be on the road any longer. We got another storm today (supposed to be worse than Thursday) but I don't care because I'm home. The pictures are from super early Friday morning... today is really crappy out too. The snow is already getting annoying. I went out to help hubby shovel... darn it was FREEZING and the snow was heavy.

I'm gonna try really hard to get into the spirit... hubby and I went out to dinner last night and bought our tree... we will trim it today with hot cocoa and lots of carols. I am going to attempt making cookies... and for anyone who knows me knows that a baker I AM NOT... but the crappy weather and the holiday season makes me want to be a better baker. There is something about having the oven on and sweet smells wafting through the house.

Ciao
S

1 comment:

*the mama said...

miss you lady....happy caroling and baking...lets make plans pronto.